- NNN Accomplishments
- A power point presentation was put together and shown by Katie Brockpahler, highlighting the many accomplishments that have been done in the neighborhood.
- Changing Staff
- The NNN Vista who worked for UND’s Center for Community Engagement has resigned, the Center is going to provide an intern to work with the neighborhood until a new Vista is hired.
- Katie Brockpahler will be leaving the Office of Urban Development. Her intern, Andrea Laraway will continue to work with the neighborhood until the end of the school year.
- Future of the NNN – Resources
- As Staff look towards shifting focus from the NNN to the Near Southside, it is important that staff leaves the neighbors with access to any resources they may need in the future. Katie and Andrea will put together a list of resources for neighbors. The list will have contact info for various city departments and resources including who to contact in case of garbage, animal control, rental problems.
- A binder will be put together by staff that has all previous association minutes and agendas in it. This will be given to Karen Dahl to hold on to so the association can reference previous minutes and discussions.
- Future meeting dates are still under discussion as to whether the association will continue to meet monthly, bimonthly, semi-annually, etc. However it was decided that a meeting next month (May 8th) is necessary to help plan for upcoming events.
- Areas of Focus
- It was decided that the Association will want to focus on the upcoming Garage Sale (May 19th), as well as plan for a charrette in June. The Association would also like to pursue hosting another Movie Night similar to the ones done last fall.
- Communication activities
- Sarah McKenzie and Lani Glover will be taking over Facebook, twitter, and blog activities.
- Karen Dahl will be in charge of the binder for next meeting.
- Garage Sale – May 19th
- NNNA will be putting together a map showing all the different garage sales going on in the neighborhood that day. If you are planning on having a garage sale, let Andrea (firstname.lastname@example.org, 792-2867) know by May 11th.
The next Near North Neighborhood Association meeting will be
May 8th at 6:30pm at the YMCA.
Please join us in helping to make our neighborhood great!!
Won’t you be my neighbor?!?