Thanksgiving has come and gone, but the holiday entertaining season is really just getting underway.Â It’s important to include safety in the preparations we make for these holiday parties. Below are some safety tips to keep in mind.
- Mistletoe berries, Holly Berry and Jerusalem Cherry can be poisonous. If they are used in decorating, make sure children and pets cannot reach it.
- Do not overload extension cords or outlets and do not run an electrical cord under a rug.
- Keep alcohol, including baking extracts, out of reach and do not leave alcoholic drinks unattended.
- Artificial snow can be harmful if inhaled, so use it in a well-vented space.
- In a poison emergency, call the national Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
For more tips, visit the SafeKids Holiday Safety page here.